Fundraising is an integral part of our organisation. Without funds and support we cannot hope to continue research, look for better cures and help us all lead better and healthier lives.
YOU are integral in this. It is because of you and hundreds of others like you that raise funds through various events that keep us going. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
You can fundraise individually, in groups or through our Everyday Hero and Go fundraise pages. To make it easier for you, we have outlined a few guidelines. You can of course, call or email us at anytime.
Thank you for expressing interest in fundraising for the Liver Foundation of WA. We have a few set guidelines which will help you in your efforts at fundraising. Please read through these carefully and contact us with any queries you may have.
You or your organisation must seek written permission from the Liver Foundation of WA. The Liver Foundation of WA is legally required to approve and authorise all volunteer fundraising activities. We will provide you with a letter giving you confirmation and approval to fundraise for the Liver Foundation of WA. To receive this approval, please fill in the form.
The Liver Foundation of Western Australia will approve a request for fundraising when it has
- Received a written and signed application
- Is satisfied that the fundraising activity fits in with its aims and values
- Is satisfied that the fundraising activity is not high risk
- If the fundraising activity is approved, it will be on the basis of the terms and conditions of the Liver Foundation of Western Australia.
- The fundraiser and not the Liver Foundation of Western Australia will be responsible for the coordination and management of the event, finances, publicity and/or good and services required to run the activity.
- All correspondence and/or advertisement must state explicitly that you are fundraising for the Liver Foundation of Western Australia.
- All fundraising activities must comply with Australian laws and regulations.
Logo and Promotional material
The Liver Foundation of Western Australia logo is available upon request. We will also provide you with supporting material where possible. It is illegal to use our logo without prior written permission.
How to Fundraise
Here are a few simple guidelines when planning your fundraiser event.
- Set clear, achievable targets – how much you plan to raise and what is the time frame
- Be aware that your activity must be safe and legal
- Brainstorm, pick the best idea and start planning
- Get together a team of volunteers – they are critical and often you will find hidden talents amongst the volunteers that will help you with your fundraising ideas.
- Lower your event costs as much as possible
- Utilise your existing network of friends, colleagues and recreational clubs.
- Take care to ensure that the event is safe and enjoyable
- Ask the Liver Foundation of Western Australia if we can assist you with one of our staff at your event
What NOT to do
- Do not go ahead with a fundraiser for the Liver Foundation of Western Australia without prior written permission.
- Please note that your event cannot be called ‘Liver Foundation of Western Australia’s event, but an event to raise funds for the Liver Foundation of Western Australia. Suggested wording could be’ proudly supporting the Liver Foundation of WA.’ Etc
- Do not use the Liver Foundation of Western Australia logo without prior written permission from us.
- Do not go door knocking to raise funds for the Liver Foundation of Western Australia.
- Please do not approach any corporate organisation or company in the name of the Liver Foundation of Western Australia unless explicitly permitted by us.
- Please intimate the Liver Foundation of Western Australia if you are hoping to get media exposure for your event. All printed matter including media releases must be approved by the Liver Foundation of Western Australia
- Your fundraising event must comply with the Charitable Fundraising Act and Regulations of Australia.
- Please keep an accurate record of the financial aspects of the fundraising event for income and expenses.
- The Liver Foundation of Western Australia can provide official receipts for approved events.
- The Liver Foundation of Western Australia cannot pay expenses incurred by you, but you can deduct your necessary expenses from the proceeds of your event provided they are properly documented.
- Please be aware that all fundraising activities must be legal, complying with the Australian Federal and State laws. The Charitable Fundraising Act must be adhered to.
- Please be aware of and follow any other state laws related to gaming, licences and preparation of food.
- The Liver Foundation of Western Australia does not endorse any activity that is harmful or risky.
- It is your responsibility to acquire any third party permits or permission including Police, Red Cross or St John Ambulance if necessary.
First Time Fundraising?
Ask us about the Crazy Socks Day event you can hold at your organisation, community or institute, the HBF Run for a Reason, Chevron City to Surf or Rottnest Channel Swim event you can support.
Subscribe to our newsletter to keep up to date with what is happening at the Liver Foundation of WA.
The Liver Foundation of Western Australia wishes you every success in your fundraising activity. Thank you for your support and commitment.